Skip to main content
- • Resilient Smart Energy Grids and Micro Energy Grids Planning, Control, and Protection
• Advanced Plasma Generation and Application on Fusion Energy
• Advanced Safety and Control Systems for Nuclear Power Plants
• Safety Engineering, Fault Diagnosis and Real Time Simulation
• Risk-Based Energy Conservation, Smart Green Buildings
• Process Systems Engineering of Energy and Nuclear Facilities, and Oil and Gas Production Plants
- PhD (Safety Engineering), Okayama University, Japan
- Master of Science courses (Computer and Automatic Control), Alexandria University, Egypt
- Bachelor of Science in Computer and Automatic Control (First-class Honours), Alexandria University, Egypt
- Advanced Energy Process Control
- Hybrid Energy System Design
- Safety Instrumented Systems
- Advanced Risk Analysis
- Shutdown and Disaster Management
- Intelligent Control Systems
- Maintenance and Reliability Engineering
- Reactor Control
- Electric Circuits
- Computer-aided Design
- Plant Operation
- Scientific Instrumentation
- Scientific Instrumentation
Publications and presentations
Selected publications and presentations
- Hossam A.Gabbar, Razibul Islam, Manir U Isham, Vatsal Trivedi, Risk-Based Performance Analysis of Micro Grid Topology with Distributed Energy Generation, International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems, Electrical Power and Energy Systems 43 (2012) 1363–1375.
- Hossam A. Gabbar, Fault Semantic Networks for Accident Forecasting of LNG Plants, Knowledge-Based and Intelligent Information and Engineering Systems, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 2010, Volume 6277/2010, 427-437.
- Elnara Nasimi, Hossam A.Gabbar, Safety Design of Next Generation SUI of CANDU Stations, Nuclear Engineering and Design, 254 (2013) 53– 66.
- Sajid Hussain, Hossam A.Gabbar, Fault Diagnosis In Gearbox Using Adaptive Wavelet Filtering and Shock Response Spectrum Features Extraction, Journal of Structural Health Monitoring, Volume 12 Issue 2 March 2013 pp. 169 - 180.
- Achint Rastogi, Hossam A.Gabbar, Practical Implementation of Safety Verification in LNG Production Facilities, Open Journal of Safety Science and Technology, 2011, 1, 43-59.
- Sajid Hussain, Hossam A.Gabbar, Coupling Estimation for Process Variable Interaction Analysis and Applications in Process Industry, International Journal of Process Systems Engineering (IJPSE), Vol. 2, No. 1, 2012.
- Hossam A. Gabbar. Model-based Topology Analysis for Environmentally Conscious Power Plant Operation. Journal of Cleaner Production, Volume 16 (2008) pp.:1507-1516;
- Hossam A. Gabbar. Qualitative Fault Propagation Analysis. Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries, Volume 20, Number 3 (2007), 260-270;
- Hossam A. Gabbar, Villiam Makis, Mohamed Kamel, Integrated Qualitative & Quantitative Fault Diagnosis, 3rd International Workshop on Computational Intelligence & Applications, IEEE SMC, Okayama, December 18, 2007, P1-1 to P1-5[Best Paper Presentation Award, IEEE-SMC];
- Hossam A. Gabbar. Design of Intelligent Fault Diagnostic System (FDS). Journal of Environment and Process Safety, iChem, Volume: 85, Issue: B6, pp 566-578;
- Hossam A. Gabbar, Formal Representation of Meta-Operation of Chemical Plants, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics - Part C, Volume 37, Number 4, July 2007, pp. 633-643;
- Published Book: Design of a Practical Enterprise Safety Management System, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2004, ISBN 1-4020-2948-9;
- Hossam A. Gabbar, Shintaro Shinohara, Yukiyasu Shimada, and Kazuhiko Suzuki, Experiment on Distributed Dynamic Simulation for Safety Design of Chemical Plants, Journal of Simulation Modeling Practice and Theory, Volume 11, Issue 2, 2003, pp 109-123;
- Hossam A. Gabbar, Kazuhiko Suzuki, Yukiyasu Shimada, Design of Plant Safety Model in Plant Enterprise Engineering Environment, Reliability Engineering & System Safety Journal, Volume 73, Number 1, pp 35-47, 2001;
- Hossam A. Gabbar, Integrated Framework for Safety Control Design of Nuclear Power Plants, Nuclear Engineering and Design, Volume 240, Issue 10, October 2010, Pages 3550-3558; and
- Hossam A. Gabbar, Hanaa E. Sayed, Ajiboye S. Osunleke, Hara Masanobu, Design of Fault Simulator, Reliability Engineering & System Safety, Volume 94, Issue 8, August 2009, Pages 1289-1298.