Skip to main content
- Boiling and two-phase flows
- Energy conservation
- Fluid physics and heat transfer at reduced gravity (microgravity space sciences)
- Heat-recovery systems
- and Thermofluids in power plants.
- MBA, Centre for International Business Studies, University of Saskatchewan, Canada, 2001;
- Diploma Space Sciences, International Space University, France, 1990;
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering, University of Manitoba, Canada, 1987;
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering, University of Alexandria, Egypt, 1982; and
- BSc (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering, University of Alexandria, Egypt, 1977.
- Design Projects (senior classes);
- Fluid Mechanics (undergraduate level);
- Oral and Written Communications (undergraduate level);
- Thermodynamics (undergraduate level).
- Heat Transfer (undergraduate and graduate levels);
- Multiphase Flow and Heat Transfer (graduate level);
- Selected Topics in Transport Processes (graduate level); and
Publications and presentations
Selected publications and presentations
- Gabriel, K.S., “Microgravity Two-Phase Flow and Heat Transfer,” Springer, 2007.
- Gabriel, K.S., “Microscale and Microgravity Flows, Multiphase Flow Handbook, Chapter 11, CRC Press, 2005.
- Gabriel, K.S., “Pumped Two-Phase Flow Loops”, Satellite Thermal Control Handbook, Aerospace Corporation, California, 2002
Selected journal publications:
- Wang, Z., Gabriel, K.S., and Zhu, Z., 2005. A Model of Interfacial Waves in Annular Two-Phase Flow at Different Gravity Levels, Microgravity sci. technol., XVI-I, pp. 259-263;
- Wang, Z. and Gabriel, K.S., 2005. The Influence of Film Structure on the Interfacial Friction in Annular Two-Phase Flow under Microgravity and Normal Gravity Conditions. Microgravity sci. technol., XVI-I, pp.264-268;
- Zhao, J.F., and Gabriel, K.S., 2004. Two-Phase Flow Patterns in a 90° Bend at Microgravity; Acta Mechanica Sinica, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 206-211;
- Farris , S.C. , Bugg, J.D. and Gabriel, K.S., 2004. The Motion of Bubbles in a Sinsuoidally Oscillating Liquid in Microgravity, Microgravity sci. technol., XV/3, pp. 28-35;
- Wang, Z., Gabriel, K.S., and Zhu, Z., 2004. The Effects of Gravity on the Features of the Interfacial Waves in Annular Two-Phase Flow, Microgravity sci. technol., XV/3, pp.19-27;
- Wang, Z., Gabriel, K.S., and Manz, D.L., 2004. The Influences of Wave Height on the Interfacial Friction in Annular Gas-Liquid Flow under Normal and Microgravity Conditions, Int. J. Multiphase Flow, Vol. 30/10, pp. 1193-1211;
- MacGillivray, R. and Gabriel, K.S., 2003. A Study of Annular Flow Characteristics in Microgravity and Hypergravity Conditions, Acta Astronautica, Vol. 53, pp. 289-297;
- deJong, P. and Gabriel, K.S., 2003. A Preliminary Study of Two-Phase Annular Flow at Microgravity; Experimental Data of Film Thickness, Int. J. Multiphase Flow, Vol. 29, pp. 1203-1220;
- Ryan MacGillivray and Gabriel, K.S., 2002. Annular Flow Film Characteristics in Variable Gravity, “ Microgravity Transport Processes in Fluid, Thermal, Biological, and Material Sciences,” Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci., Vol. 974, pp.306-315; and
- H. Ohta, Baba, A., and Gabriel, K.S., 2002. Review of Existing Research on Microgravity Boiling and Two-Phase Flow: Future Experiments on the International Space Station, Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci., Vol. 974, pp.410-427.