Skip to main content
- Advanced Composite Materials
- Analysis and Design of Composite Pressure Vessels
- Materials Testing
- Alternate Fuelled and Hybrid Vehicles Development
- Vehicle Dynamics
- Manufacturing Technology and Application
- PhD (Mechanical Engineering), Concordia University, 1999
- BEng (Mechanical Engineering), Concordia University, 1985
- DEC (Mechanical Engineering Technology), Dawson College, Montreal, 1981
- Automotive Fundamentals & Mechanical Dissection Lab
- Capstone Design I & II (senior project)
- Applied Manufacturing and Product Development
- Deformation and Fracture
- Machine Design I & II
- Properties and Failure of Materials
- Machine Drawing and Design
- Theory of Machines
- Material Science
Publications and presentations
Selected publications and presentations
- Minaker B.P., Rohrauer, G.L., “A Stabilizing Controller for Trailer Dynamics”, submitted to International Journal of Vehicle Design, August 2005.
- Rohrauer, G.L., “Elasticity Solutions for the Design of Efficient Thick-Walled Composite Pressure Vessels”, ASME Journal of Pressure Vessel Technology, accepted with minor revisions, December, 2003.
- G.L. Rohrauer., “Design of Efficient Thick Walled Pressure Vessels”: Part I, “Micromechanics, Degradation and Failure Theories” & Part II: “Stress Redistribution and Equalization of Failure Envelopes”, to appear in Composites Science and Technology.
- Rohrauer, Greg, L; Minaker, Bruce, R; Frise, Peter, R, “Work in Progress - Practical ‘Know-How’ in Engineering: Dissection Labs & Capstone Design”, Proceedings of 34th Frontiers In Education Conference, ISBN 0-7803-8553-5, S2G 24-25, , ASEE/IEEE, IEEE, 34th ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference, hosted by University of Kansas, October 2004.
- Rohrauer, Greg L; Frise, Peter, R; Minaker, Bruce, P., “Implementing the ‘Know-How’ Skill set in Engineering Design”, The Changing Face of Design Education, pp. 19-26, Editor(s) - Peter Lloyd, Norbert Roozenburg, Chris McMahon, Libby Brodhurst, TU Delft, The Netherlands, Faculty of Industrial Design Engineering, 2nd International Engineering and Product Design Education Conference, ISBN 90-5155-020-0, September 2004.
- Urbanic, R.J; ElMaraghy, W.H; Rohrauer, G.L., “Generation of Associative Rapid Prototyping Tool Paths from a Solid Model”, 17 pgs, International Workshop on Advanced Manufacturing and Integrated Systems, ISBN 0-662-37151-8, March, 2004.
- Frise, Peter, R; Rohrauer, Greg, L; Minaker, Bruce, P; Altenhof, Willian, J, “Identifying the Design Engineering Body of Knowledge”, pp. 569-570, 14th International Design Conference on Engineering Design. ICED 03, Stockholm, August 19-21, 2003.
- Rohrauer, Greg, L, “Variable Elasticity Applied to Composite Pressure Vessel Design”, Design and Manufacturing of Composites, 293-302, editors(s) Hoa, S.V; Hamada, H; Lo, J; Yokoyama, A, Technomic, Proceedings of the 3rd Joint Canada-Japan Workshop on Composites, March, 2000.
- Rohrauer, Greg, L; Hoa, Suong, V; Dudley, Nigel, “Effect of the Environment on the Mechanical Behavior of Filament Wound Tubes”, 43rd Annual Conference, Society of the Plastics Industry (SPI), 1988.
- Rohrauer, Greg, L; Hoa Suong, V; Feldman, Doral, “The effect of a Rubberized Matrix on the Damping Capacity of CFRP”, ICCM-V, International Conference on Composite Materials, 1985.
- Rohrauer, G.L., “Design of Ultra-High Pressure Composite Vessels for Vehicular Use”, University of Windsor Graduate Seminar, November 2003.
- Rohrauer, G.L. “Variable Elasticity Concepts Applied to Composite Pressure Vessel Design for Vehicular Use”, Yamagata University, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Yonezawa, Japan, March 9, 2000.
- Rohrauer, G.L. “Variable Vane Turbo Methanol Fueled Engine – Development”, Argonne National Laboratories, Chicago, Illinois, March, 1992.