First-Year Academic Advisor
Welcome to the University of Ontario Institute of Technology! We are thrilled that you are joining the Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science (FEAS), and are confident that you will enjoy the program and our innovative university environment. The First-Year Engineering Advisor, Theeben Jegatheesan, is your main point of contact this year. In future years, you will be assisted by Bryan Butryn and Holly MacPherson, the upper-year advisors of the Academic Advising Team. We are here to assist and to support your success!The Academic Advising Team will address concerns related to all aspects of student life – academic or personal – as well as:
- Help you register for your classes
- Find you an Engineering Peer Mentor
- Explain the important student forms and student policies
- Guide you through the First-Year Engineering Success Program
- We will only communicate with you using your official UOITnet account (uoit.net email address)
- Include your Student Number and Program in your email
- Make sure you regularly check your uoit.net email address, as this is the official means of communication between students and the university. Vital information is communicated to you through this account, including registration information and details of academic standing.
Drop-In Hours:Monday to Friday from 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Hours are subject to change without notice.
You can easily use your laptop to live chat with Theeben. If he is online, you will see his name in the Office channel.
- Click on Connect and a new tab will open.
- Click on Waiting Room to join the channel
- Right-click on Theeben in the Office channel
- Click on Message and let him know what you are waiting to speak with him about.
He will move you down to the Office channel to speak as soon as possible.